Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Here we go... Thankfully this one won't be running again...

So, here we go again.  It shows the priorities of the conservative party in the United States, on Monday our former President of the Senate, or Vice President of the United States, came on Fox News, and started opening his mouth.  As we are accustom to a conservative speaks, and we are left to wonder...  What is going on in their brain?

So, over the past several years, we have come to here the conservatives in the states scream about the debt.  Yeah, it isn't pretty, I will admit that much, but it also shows their hypocrisy.  So, in a budget that was recently proposed, we see cuts made, but now conservatives are all up in arms over it.  It would appear that the military budget is being reduced.  Proceed to freak out.  After you have finished, come back and finish reading this.

Alright, finished freaking out now?  Yes?  Good.  So, we get some hype in the military will now be smaller than it was before the second world war.  Oh boy, I often wonder if it would kill them to be honest, I mean not even exaggerate their point.  But it gets even better.
CHENEY: They peddle this line that now we’re going to pivot to Asia, but they’ve never justified it. And I think the whole thing is not driven by any change in world circumstances, it’s driven by budget considerations. He’d much rather spend the money on food stamps than he would on a strong military or support for our troops.

Alright so we are changing our focus on where our military is needed.  I was not thinking Asia, but alright, I am not completely up to date on what is going on in Asia, but I suspect that China will likely be our next opponent in a war.  God help us all.  Anyway, I am not so concerned about changing the focus of where our military needs to be (sorry ladies and gents, I am for a leaner meaner military, not a bloated laid back version we now have), or about the cuts coming from a drive in budget considerations, but the last statement, the one in bold print.  I do not use bold print often, but when I do, I want it to draw your attention. 

He'd much rather spend the money on food stamps than he would on a strong military or support for our troops...  You know, I am not a genius, despite what some people will say, honestly I think I am somewhere around average.  But, all things aside, I do think it is prudent to buy military gear, you know planes and hummers, that come with the proper gear, rather than buy it on the cheap, then spend a ton of money to retrofit it.  I also think it is wise to you know, spend money on the things that actually work.  Sure most of our gear has been around for 40-50 years, it really does need to be replaced, but yeah...

The comment in itself is pretty crappy from my view.  We have many of our troops on food stamps, they should not be.  Sure they signed up for a crap job, but they go through hell, and should never suffer the fate of appearing at the welfare office.  Honestly no one who works a job should.  But beside that, to call Obama out on preferring to spend money on social safety nets, as opposed to bombs is not very Christian like, we it is Christian like, but not Christ like...  Well maybe not even Christ like, but still, money killing people, versus money helping people.  Hmmm, I know where I stand on it.  Food stamps for everyone... Except the rich bastards that run this country. 

I mean think about this for a minute.  Have we become a blood thirsty nation only concerned about which war we can sell our troops out to?  Have we lost all compassion for our fellow man?  If the Conservatives get power back in this nation, we will have people starving in the streets while working 60 hours a week, and there will be no where to turn as our rights and liberties are slowly taken from us one sexual orientation, sex, and race at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 years later...

 Yay, I quit smoking.  I moved around a bit.  I saw Covid19 and survived.  I even got vaccinated for it, and outside of some really weird dr...