Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Another off topic entry

2013 Hurst/Trans Am Depot Trans Am Blackbird
 
Many people do not know this, but I am a car junky.  I love my cars, well most cars except Fords.  I dislike Ford cars.  If its owned by Ford, forget it, it can rust in hell for all I care.  But Mopar and GM, oh some of those cars are the most beautiful someone can see.  Not to take anything away from Lamborghini, Ferrari or McLaren, and many others.

 1970 Dodge Challenger
But as an American, I love those old American Muscle cars.  The Challenger from Vanishing Point, or its sister cars in Phantasm (1970s 440 Cuda and Hemi-Cuda).  The 1977 Trans Am in Smokey and the Bandit, the 1967 Camaro in many movies and shows.  Right down to the Chevelle, they were a work of art.  And it is a sad thing that many of these cars have found their fate rotting away in a barn or junk yard.

But those classic styles have found a new life it seems.  In the late 2000's most car makers brought back those old styles, and as you see from the first picture the Trans Am is back in limited quantities.  The same with the old GTO Judges, both based on the Camaro LZ1.  I forgot the Corvette, but in my mind while it is a great looking car, it does not fall into the muscle car, in my opinion.  And that isn't even getting into the AMC line.

Anyway, cars, when designed right look like a piece of art.  Their sound a symphony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 years later...

 Yay, I quit smoking.  I moved around a bit.  I saw Covid19 and survived.  I even got vaccinated for it, and outside of some really weird dr...