Monday, June 14, 2021

3 years later...

 Yay, I quit smoking.  I moved around a bit.  I saw Covid19 and survived.  I even got vaccinated for it, and outside of some really weird dreams, no adverse side effects.  It's been three years...  Wait, 3 years?  Somehow that doesn't feel right after the decade of 2020, yet I can check the time stamps and year, its been a little over three years since I last spewed whatever was on my mind.

I can't speak for everyone, but the last year and a half has really sucked.  I wish I could say it was because I quit smoking, and I rarely drink, but the past year and a half has sucked for everyone.  Some of us for other reasons than others.  If your year sucked because you had to wear a mask to go get your chicken wings, go stand in the corner.  It wasn't really bad for me until February of last year, since then I've lost count of the friends I lost to Covid19.  And conservatives like to complain about depression, I was depressed before half of my friends died.  Holing up only allowed me to not deal with people, it gave me a reason to become a hermit, I wasn't rude, I was doing a civic duty by not leaving my house or interacting with people.  You know, that whole "Introverts unite!  At home, in your room with the lights off!" thing.  

So, we went through another election, and the "good guys" won, yay!  I don't see a lot changing of course, but the blue team won.  We don't have many Twitter rage outs.  Of course, here we are going 8 months afterwards and we are still recounting the votes, because or Asian Bamboo Paper Ballots mailed from Russia, I think?  I don't know, these conspiracy theories are getting a little wild for my taste.  Just give me alien abduction or demonic possession conspiracies any day of the week.  Oh wait, the Department of Defense is releasing videos of UFOs?  

 I have come to the conclusion that Bill Maher is the Tucker Carlson of the left, and we would be better off if both would retire, or take their leave like Rush Limbaugh.  Well, now that I'm back, I guess I will find something to rant about at least once a day.  What's the worst that can happen?


No comments:

Post a Comment

3 years later...

 Yay, I quit smoking.  I moved around a bit.  I saw Covid19 and survived.  I even got vaccinated for it, and outside of some really weird dr...