Chris Christie at the 2014 CPAC
This particular event had slipped my mind. I mean when it comes to the Right getting together for a conference or meeting, it just seems so.. Underwhelming. I know I know they have a vision, and no matter how out of touch the majority that vote for them, or they are, we still get to listen to them spew forth like projectile vomit.
So, first let us look at who is sponsoring this shindig this year, shall we?
- One America News Network; no owners or company listed.
- Tea Party Patriots
- Townhall Media
- The Washington Post
- Koch Industries: founders of the Tea Party.
- Persecuted the Movie: Luther’s mission brings him face-to-face with the coming storm of persecution that will threaten the entire Christian community in America.
- Citizenlink: a family-advocacy organization that inspires men and women to live out biblical citizenship.
- The Heritage Foundation
- How Money Walks: Tells the story of how people "moved" to places with cheaper taxes.
- The Intercollegiate Studies Institute: Founded by Frank Chodorov.
- Liberty Alliance: New sites that promote traditional values.
- Motion Picture Association of America: So much for the liberal media boys.
- National Review
- Red Alert Politics
- The Tea Party News Network
- The Blaze
- Citizens United: Yeah that Citizens United.
- Leadership Institute: Mission to increase the effectiveness of conservative leaders.
- Run Ben Run: Election site for Ben Carlson
- Red Card, Guest Worker Permit: Vernon K. Krieble Foundation, mission further democratic capitalism and the preserve and promote a society of free, educated, healthy and creative individuals.
- 60 Plus Association: The conservative alternate version of the AARP.
- The Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists: Really?
- Amazing America with Sarah Palin
- Americans for Prosperity
- Americans for Tax Reform
- The American Society for the Defense of Traditional, Family, and Property: an organization of lay Catholic Americans concerned about the moral crisis shaking the remnants of Christian civilization.
- American Petroleum Institute
- Ashbrook, Ashland University
- Big Dawg Music Radio: Music for the Right side of your brain
- Freedom Alliance
- Gravis Marketing
- George Washington University
- Justice Fellowship: Teaching Jesus to inmates since 1983
- Let Freedom Ring: Promoting a constitutional government, economic freedom, and traditional values
- Christians United For Israel: The purpose of Christians United For Israel (CUFI) is to provide a national association through which every pro-Israel church, parachurch organization, ministry or individual in America can speak and act with one voice in support of Israel in matters related to Biblical issues.
- College Republican National Committee: the CRNC recruits, trains, mobilizes, and engages college-aged students in all 50 states and Washington D.C. to win elections and advocate for conservative ideals.
- Competitive Enterprise Institute: a non-profit public policy organization dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government, free enterprise, and individual liberty.
- Convert!: a marketing group for fundraising.
- Eagle Forum: Mission is to enable conservative and pro-family men and women to participate in the process of self-government and public policy making so that America will continue to be a land of individual liberty, respect for family integrity, public and private virtue, and private enterprise.
- Eberle Association: spreading conservative ideals. Empower Action Group: teaching voters about candidates, how to register to vote, etc.
- Fabrizio, Lee & Associates is a leading international survey research and strategic consulting firm whose partners have played a key role in assisting corporations, candidates and organizations across the United States and the world over the past two decades.
- Policy Issues Institute: Aka Impeach Obama, Aka PII, Aka, United States Investigative Unit, Aka, The White House Watch. Yeah, really?
- TMA Direct: Direct marketing company.
- Turning Point USA: Charlie Kirk. A national student movement dedicated toward educating young people about the importance of fiscal responsibility, free markets, and capitalism.
- Unfair: Exposing the IRS.
- WAVA: Owned by Triton Digital Media.
- Young America's Foundation: Young America's Foundation is committed to ensuring that increasing numbers of young Americans understand and are inspired by the ideas of individual freedom, a strong national defense, free enterprise, and traditional values.
9:00 a.m. – Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
9:16 a.m. – Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA)
9:24 a.m. – Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI)
9:40 a.m. – Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC)
10:19 a.m. – Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
11:45 a.m. – Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ)
12:00 p.m. – Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA)
12:16 p.m. – Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)
12:31 p.m. – Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)
2:45 p.m. – Donald Trump
9:00 a.m. – Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX)
9:16 a.m. – Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX)
10:23 a.m. – Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-AR)
11:15 a.m. – Ralph Reed, founder of the Faith and Freedom Coalition
2:26 p.m. – Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)
2:40 p.m. – Al Cardenas, chairman of the American Conservative Union
2:51 p.m. – Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
12:45 p.m. – Newt Gingrich, former House Speaker
1:12 p.m. – Jim DeMint, president of the Heritage Foundation
5:23 p.m. – Straw poll
5:45 pm. – Former Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK)
In the next entry we will talk about what some of these speakers had to say, including the potential candidates.