Monday, April 28, 2014

Hunger Strike...

In the annals of "You're doing it wrong" a group of 40 people in the state I call my home town (Virginia) have decided to go on a hunger strike to protest Gay Marriage.
Wait... That doesn't sound right... Its a 40 day hunger strike, not 40 person hunger strike.  Alright, so 40 days, starting at the end of August apparently.  They are asking other churches and their members to join them like sheep to the slaughter..  Alright, I find this interesting, say if some churches in Georgia decide to join them.  Low blood sugar and guns, what a mix.  So they are calling their lack of eating, because some group they dislike worse than non-Christians are getting some much deserved love and equal rights, The Hunger Games.  Yeah, it brings new meaning to the motto of the movie "May the odds be in your favor," given that it is ironic that the odds are not in the characters favor, nor is it in their favor.  Thank god for Obama care, they won't have to worry about those emergency room visits when their sugar plummets south of hell.

Ever the bastion of "Christian Love", here is a quote from their website, yeah I am not posting it here.  They claim that was a message they received, but I am thinking it was something someone there wants to do.  But here is their love in action:
“Our state and nation are mired in a morass of confusion and post-modern thinking that does not believe in absolutes nor that any truth can even be known. Nowhere is this more evident than in the current debate raging about what constitutes marriage. Pagan philosophies, a secular humanist education establishment and an entertainment industry that is absolutely determined in pushing the envelope on decency and morality have all combined to turn this great land into a country that our forefathers could not even begin to recognize.”
Much to the founding fathers dismay, technology likely did that.  So did the number of people residing here, and the current political climate in Washington DC.  Not allowing people equal rights (remember most of them disagreed with slavery, and while they did hold slaves, they considered abolishing it back in the 1770s).

So, a few stories have been written about it, and well they all say hunger strike, but really they are fasting, praying, and repenting for all of us sinners (those pesky things Jesus allegedly died for), so that they can show just how big a dick their God has.  Now, my atheist and secular minded friends will laugh as I do at this prospect, because lets face it, God does not mettle in the affairs of man (as he either doesn't exist, or we have a brain and should be able to figure it out).  Sadly they aren't giving up their addiction to food, I know I have tried, its impossible to do.  They are just going to give up something they like, say Pepsi.  Yeah, a totally meaningless gesture, in which we have no way to determine just how humble and honest they really are.  You know, I can say I am not going to eat bread for a month, but how do you know.  Sorry, I know a lot of Jewish people, and guess what, they eat pork too, they just do not admit to eating pork. 

They want us to assume they are going to stop drinking Pepsi, because well then it might mean something, but it means nothing to me.  I have my reasons, but outside of being on the ignorant side of history, I won't get into it.  Well, sure I probably should.  First they are hypocrites, saying and doing are two different things.  Why don't they fast in the name of God to end poverty, disease, homelessness, social injustices worldwide?  No, they are doing this against equal rights for a group of people that have caught as much flack as the African Americans, Latinos, and Jews.  They are claiming they are fasting, but sorry, I am not so stupid as to believe it.  Sure, two hundred years ago, I might have believed it, but I would not exist at all, so its kind of moot.  They are going to say we are suffering because we have given this up, but that is like me saying I am suffering because I am fasting on fish.  I don't even eat fish.

See, thats what they will do, abstain from eating foods they do not like to begin with, and claim they are being humbled, repentant before God, and all the while they will be silently sipping or eating whatever it is they damn well want.  Hence why I said they are doing it wrong.  See, what they need to do, is put a sign around their neck and say I will not eat/drink this product, IE: I will not eat pizza and drink beer.  They need to spend 99% of their time at the courthouse steps, and only leave to hit the "head".  I promise you, you won't eat or drink in there, but just in case, they can pay security to go check to ensure they aren't sneaking food.

See thats what made Gandhi's hunger strikes and protests legitimate.  He did everything in public.  These jokers, not so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 years later...

 Yay, I quit smoking.  I moved around a bit.  I saw Covid19 and survived.  I even got vaccinated for it, and outside of some really weird dr...