Friday, August 29, 2014

The current state of American Politics... I shit you not.

Of all the things the conservative libertarian teanut idiots of America (and well I am covering a broad range of people with that statement of which do not fall into one specific group or another) have to complain about our political system has regressed to such a level of discourse as to complain about the color suit that the president was wearing when he gave a press conference this past week.

I could only ask or say a single thing when I first started hearing the "backlash"... "Seriously?!?"

Honestly, I am happy the man came out in a suit, I mean he could have come out naked as the day he was born.  He could have come out like I currently dress, ratty shirt and old basketball shorts, or t-shirt & jeans with old work boots and a hat.  Then I might understand some of the comments being made.  But he came out in a suit that was tan and this is some of the responses from the GOP side of things.

“When you have the world watching … a week, two weeks of anticipation of what the United States is gonna do. For him to walk out – I’m not trying to be trivial here – in a light suit, light tan suit, saying that first he wants to talk about what most Americans care about the revision of second quarter numbers on the economy. This is a week after Jim Foley was beheaded and he’s trying to act like real Americans care about the economy, not about ISIS and not about terrorism. And then he goes on to say he has no strategy.”
Actually, you are being trivial here Mr. King.  Actually, your asshole is showing, plain as the moon hanging in the sky.  It also shows that you are out of touch.  Honestly, I am concerned about the second quarter numbers on the economy, because unlike you who was elected into office by a bunch of brain dead morons, it will effect me in some way.  Second, and while I am sorry for the Foley's loss, that is a world away from me, it does not instill in me anything other than the feeling of sorrow for his family.  ISIS and terrorism is less likely to kill me than not eating, having adequate shelter, or the police in my own state.

Furthering the stupidity of this he goes on to say:
“I thought the suit was a metaphor for his lack of seriousness.”
Followed by:
 "He looked like he was on his way to a party in the Hampton's."
Seriously?  You want to say that Obama is not taking his role as PotUS seriously, yet you are going to get on live national television and talk about the way he looked in a tan suit?  Yes, we need serious debate, we need serious changes in the direction of this country, but one does not get serious change when those present are not being serious about important issues.

What does the GOP find serious today?  Not wearing tan (or white) before or after Labor Day, or at any time when things are "serious", because that is not a serious color people.  Honestly, this should be a rude awakening to everyone who supports this current creation known as the GOP, conservative or libertarian movements.  They have so little to throw to you, their base that they will throw anything out there for you, and that is wrong.  It is a distraction to take away from their own inability to do anything to right the ship, so they attack the Democratic Party and the President with anything.

More concerning to me out of this deal, is not the color of his suit, it is the substance of what he said.  Pay attention people, it doesn't matter if he came out to give a press conference wearing golfing pants and cleats, with a nine iron over his shoulder.  What matters is what he said, and while King briefly mentioned his exceptions to what was said, it was mostly about Obama's appearance.  That is the problem, the GOP is trying to distract you from what was said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 years later...

 Yay, I quit smoking.  I moved around a bit.  I saw Covid19 and survived.  I even got vaccinated for it, and outside of some really weird dr...