Wednesday, January 10, 2018

A day in the life...

I haven't been writing very much. You know how it goes sometimes, busy doing this or that. Here in the last few days, I have been clearing out a storage unit I acquired, didn't make a ton of money on it, but I did decently enough and still have some stuff in it that can be sold. But along the way, I apparently offended someone, and they have taken to putting screws in my tires.


Now, I can be fairly rednecked, as any southern lived person can be, there are certain rules of engagement, or at least there were among the old guard. Simple rules really, you don't talk about a person's Mother or spouse. You don't mess with the elderly or the young. Basically if you have a problem you take it up with the person in question, not their family. And you never, and I mean never, mess with a person's ride. There are reasons for all these things, but the gist is as follows, what happens between two people should be settled between them, with as little drama as possible. As for the messing with someone's ride, that is generally tied to their income. Don't key it, don't put nails (or screws) in the tires, don't key it, or any other little horrors you can think of.

Yet here I sit, tires that are more plug than tires. Yeah, back several years ago, it wasn't much of a problem. Call a local tire dealer, see what they had, and go get tires replaced. Yeah, screwing with someone's tires is a real dick move. I have called every tire place in town, and have learned a few valuable lessons.

It doesn't matter the brand, or style of tire, they all take between two and ten days to arrive because nobody carries the tire size my ride rides on. Not even the Ford dealerships. Yeah, you can buy the truck there, but the jokes on you, they have to order the tires. Hey, I foolishly thought that since Goodyear Tires are made right here in town that they'd have them at the local Goodyear Tire Dealer, hey another joke on me.

You know, its a pretty sad state of affairs here, and yeah its my problem, but it could be any number of problems. Think about it this way, imagine I was actually traveling over the road. Think of the Griswald Family Vacations. Riding down the road, and you get an irreparable flat, thus one or maybe two tires require replacement. You are told after limping to the tire shop that it will be 2-10 days to get a tire that fits your car. So much for that vacation.

Guess its getting about time to buy a second set of rims and tires, fill them with nitrogen and then store them in a cool semi-dry environment just in case something happens like this again. In the meantime, to catch my wood-be saboteur, I have set out a hunting camera, just so I have some photographic evidence to turn over to the magistrate when I try and recover my money back for a set of tires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 years later...

 Yay, I quit smoking.  I moved around a bit.  I saw Covid19 and survived.  I even got vaccinated for it, and outside of some really weird dr...